Experiencing a Lost Crown?
Have you lost a dental crown? In this article we’ll cover these topics:
1. My dental crown fell out; what can I do? We have steps to take if you have a lost crown in Lincoln, NE.
2. Is there an emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE? Our Lincoln, NE dental clinic offers an affordable dental emergency fee for after-hours dental emergencies.
3. I have a sharp toothache after recent dental work; what can I do? We have dental discomfort management tips.
What to do immediately after a dental incident:
If you need immediate dental care,
please call 402-840-9783.
Did you lose your crown or cap? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, can help…
Typically, most of the time, a filling or a crown falls out while eating or chewing gum. Losing a filling or crown can cause the tooth to become sensitive and vulnerable. Usually, it is decay beneath the crown or filling that causes it to become loose or fall out. Decay does change the shape of the tooth, which compromises the fit of the filling or crown. If no treatment is done, the tooth will become more sensitive or infected as debris and bacteria contact it. Teeth can shift if a crown is left out of the mouth for too long.
Is losing a crown a dental emergency? Is there a 24-hour emergency dentist near me? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
The following are steps you can take if a crown becomes loose or falls out.
- First, call our office or our “emergency dentist near me” number (if after regular business hours) you have a lost filling or crown and are experiencing severe discomfort. If you are not experiencing extreme discomfort, call our office so we can get you in at your convenience. Looking for the “best dentist near me”? Be sure to give our team a call.
- If you’ve lost a crown, be sure to clean it as good as you can and keep it in a safe place. It is possible the crown could be put back in place on the tooth with cement. If you lose a filling, clove oil can be put on the tooth (avoid your gums) to help relieve sensitivity.
- Your emergency dentist will evaluate the tooth with the lost filling to determine the cause. They will either place a new filling or go over other recommendations and treatment options. If you have a lost crown, your emergency dentist will try to recement it to the tooth. This is usually possible if the tooth has no decay and is not broken.
- If decay is present, your dentist will get rid of it and place a new filling or crown. But, if the decay is too extensive or deep, root canal treatment might be a recommendation. Do you have dental phobia? Does the thought of getting a new dental crown scare you? Our team at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE, offers affordable sedation dentistry near me. Sedation dentistry is a very safe option that can allow you to get the dental care you deserve from a dentist in Lincoln, NE.
What happens if I lose a filling? Is losing a filling a dental emergency? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
If you lose a filling, call our emergency dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a couple of short-term remedies you can try. Go to a local pharmacy, and purchase some over-the-counter dental cement. These types of dental cement can be used as a temporary fix. This or toothpaste can be used to temporarily fix the crown in place while you await your appointment. DO NOT use any type of non-dental material or glue to place the crown back on your tooth.
For an even shorter-term remedy, you may use sugar-free gum to cover the cavity. Be sure it is sugar-free gum. Any sugar entering a cavity can cause a significant amount of discomfort. Remember, cavities left untreated can develop into more severe problems, including loss of the tooth. Let one of our affordable dentists in Lincoln, NE help you.
Do you have discomfort or a sharp toothache after your recent dental work? What can you do to ease a persistent toothache after recent dental work? Our Northeast Lincoln, NE dentist, explains…
If you need to reach one of our emergency dentists after-hours, please call us at 402-840-9783.
About the author, Dr. Kelsey Sullivan – Dr. Sullivan is a gentle family dentist at Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Lincoln, NE.
Dr. Kelsey Sullivan has a real passion for dentistry and helping people. She says “My patients deserve quality dental care in an atmosphere where they feel comfortable. At Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry, our team of caring professionals is fully committed to providing you with a positive, comfortable dental experience!” Book online 24/7 with Dr. Kelsey Sullivan or any of her partners.
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at her Northeast Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves communities close to Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry in Waverly, Davey, Greenwood, Walton, Eagle, Elmwood, Weeping Water, Ceresco, and more.
Learn more about the cosmetic dentistry services we provide.
Looking for Dental Payment Plans
or Apply Online
(Click logo above to be directed to website)
Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.